How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely easy to comprehend. Softwares are already available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.