How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to understand. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.