How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work effectively if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not best.